There is no such thing as too much bread, especially if we are talking delicious English muffins here. I know that going to the bakery is the easiest way to get those. However, what if I told you that there is a simple recipe that can help you succeed with those tasty muffins on your own?
In fact, that is what I am going to do – I am going to share with you the recipe I use to bake delicious pieces of heaven called – English muffins!
A word of advice, even though the muffins taste well on their own, with either jam or peanut butter, they will taste genuinely divine.
- • Take 3/4 cup of lukewarm milk (preferably nonfat)
- • Beat lightly half an egg
- • One tablespoon of butter
- • Two cups of flour
- • Half a teaspoon of salt
- • One teaspoon of instant yeast
- • Yellow cornmeal for sprinkling
- Put all the ingredients into the bread machine, except for the cornmeal, and set it to the dough.
- Take the dough out when the cycle is finished and sprinkle it with cornmeal. Start rolling the dough out so that it gets ½ inch thick.
- Take a brandy snifter or a cookie cutter to cut out even circles.
- Reroll the dough that is remaining
- Set the muffins aside and let them rise
- Cover the dough with damp pare towels
- Wait up for about 20 minutes
- Heat up your griddle to medium temperature, sprinkle some cornmeal over it
- Place the muffins on the griddle
- Let both sides of your muffins brown
- Take the muffins out and let them cool down
- When the muffins are cool enough to eat, spread your fav topping all over the half-cut muffin and help yourself to this delicious treat!