Has it ever occurred to you – what would it be like if you knew how to make asiago bagels? I am pretty sure that you would use that perfect asiago bagel recipe on a regular basis, and you would live a happy life.
Well, today, I am going to share with you my key to the kingdom of a tasty bagel kingdom! Worry not, it is not that difficult to come up with perfect bagels as you may have thought!
Asiago Bagels (with high altitude adjustments)
Amazingly excellent homemade bagels... Or have fresh bagels delivered to your door from NY!
- • One cup of water (if you are looking for high altitude bread machine recipes, just add two more tablespoons of water to the recipe)
- • Three cups of flour
- • Half a cup of asiago cheese, you can add more if you like
- • One teaspoon of salt
- • Two tablespoons of sugar
- • One pack of active dry yeast
- • Water to boil
- • Three more tablespoons of sugar to add to the boiling water
- • Some cornmeal for sprinkling
- • One egg white
- • Some more Asiago cheese for sprinkling
- Place all the six first ingredients on the list into your bread machine and set it to the dough. If you are making the bread on your own, then you should knead slowly for ten minutes, then speed up for another 20 and let the dough rise for about an hour.
- When the dough is ready, split it into eight equal pieces
- Roll the pieces out and make bagel rolls
- Put your thumb into the center and spin it on your finger to make the hole a little bigger
- Put the bagels on the table or any other cooking surface and cover them with wet paper towels
- Boil the water and add sugar to it
- Preheat your oven to 375 F
- When the water is boiling place each bagel into it for 30 seconds for one side and the same amount of time for the other
- Place the bagel of dry paper towels and cover them with egg white
- Sprinkle some Asiago cheese on your bagels
- Sprinkle some cornmeal onto the baking sheet
- Put the bagels onto the baking sheet and bake them for 20 minutes
- If they are not golden enough add five more minutes to the baking time
- Let them cool off for at least five minutes
- Bon appetite!
To make vegan or lactose free, skip adding the cheese.