Our lifestyle does something incredible with eating habits. It means that we eat in a variety of places without a daily schedule, without paying close attention to what we eat. Usually, the opinions of people about whether to eat at home or in public catering are different. This is not surprising because everyone has their own rhythm of life and their preferences.
Below you can see thoughts about eating at home and in a cafe or restaurant. Where better, where more useful. This is one point of view which most likely coincides with the opinion of many other people.
Pros and cons of homemade food
- Cooking at home is more economical. The cost of products separately is much lower than the cost of the finished dish somewhere in the cafe. This is a plus.
- You always know the composition. Many food manufacturers use harmful additives to enhance the taste of the product or to extend their shelf life. Also, we don’t know about the quality of the products which were used to cook the dish. At home, we always know which ingredients we use to cook. This is also a plus.
- Homemade food can be unbalanced in calories and composition. If the family from generation to generation passed the tradition of fatty or overly spicy food, then such homemade food would be a minus rather than a plus. By the way, there is even a theory of aging. It says that fatty and sweet foods contribute to faster aging of the body.
- Cooking takes time. Can be considered as a plus and a minus. Anyone who likes to cook will be free to spend free time in the kitchen. Well, who does not like …
- Dishes. Home-made food is also good because you always know who uses your plates and forks-spoons besides you. Great advantage.
Pros and cons of public eating places
- Those who do not know how or do not like to cook will not die of hunger. It is said, of course, a bit rude, but they reflect the truth. Cafes and restaurants help more or less eat right and not make efforts to prepare food. A plus.
- Save time. Also clear. A plus.
- The opportunity to meet and chat with friends in a pleasant atmosphere. Great advantage.
- Now cons – the quality of food. It can be as good enough, and simply ugly. Fat minus.
- Public. Unlike at home, in a café, we observe a large number of outsiders and sometimes unpleasant personalities. Minus.
- Gastritis. No matter how well the dishes are processed in the restaurant, there is a high risk of gastritis.
As a conclusion, we can say – eating at home is great, but if there is no such opportunity, you must choose a good place for a snack. Take a look at the Publix catering menu, maybe this is what you need.
Additionally, do not neglect what you eat. Choose the right food for different occasions, such as diet, body control, or free food. Make up a menu for yourself, monitor the quality and quantity of products. The body will be very grateful!