A hike and a picnic are the most popular types of family rest. It allows you to relax from the city rush and refresh your energy. The main purpose of the rest can be fishing, cooking kebabs or grill, children entertaining, etc. However, you need to know what to take with you and make a list of necessary items in advance.
If you are going to have a rest in such a way you will need different items and products to feel as comfortable as possible. For a short picnic it is enough to take sandwiches, various sauces and canned delicacies like canned sausage gravy and so on.
Do not forget about clear water and other nutritious drinks (tasty juices, sweet water, etc.). When you have an outdoor rest, you want to eat much more often than at home. Therefore, it is worth thinking about more nutritious dishes. For example, fresh cheeses, baked/fried chicken, and other kinds of meat.
You should not take with you dairy products, cakes or salads that contain such ingredients as mayonnaise. They deteriorate very quickly and lose their taste. You will need more food and extra things if you plan to picnic for more than one day.
What do you have to take
- Water and other drinks
- Salt/sugar and various tasty spices
- Bread and cookies
- Meat / fish. You can also take pickled one and cook it on the spot.
- Cheeses and sausages. Sausages / wieners are used to be cooked on coals. It is very tasty and the cooking process is liked a lot by children.
- Products for sandwiches
Use a basket to transport all required products. It looks more aesthetic. Moreover, the basket will save food from damage.
What is also needed (except food)?
- Any remedy for mosquitoes and ticks
- A cutting board. It is best to take plastic because it is easier
- Disposable dishes are the best option for a picnic. Thus, you can use a huge number of plates/cups that will not need to be washed.
- Lighters, matches.
- Firewood (special packs with coal are also used). Use it in case you rest in places without special devices for grilling.
- Bedspreads, floor mats
- Disposable tablecloths
- Folding furniture. This will provide you with the most comfortable rest.
- Things for entertainment. Prepare to entertain all the company. Balls, rackets, guitar, fishing rods, air mattresses can bring additional fun and create a friendly atmosphere.
- Bags for garbage. Always clean up after yourself and do not litter the environment!
Picnic First Aid Kit
It is very easy to get various injuries outdoor. We are talking not only about physical injuries but also about diseases connected with stomach, headaches and so on. Consider these factors and always carry a first aid kit with you.
It should contain the following drugs:
- Medicines for poisoning, diarrhea, and heartburn.
- A bandage/patch
- Drugs that relieve itching and inflammation after insect bites.